What to Expect
Wiley Education Services is committed to cultivating a respectful and ethical environment that empowers our colleagues to learn and grow. Our commitment to our mission and to one another is made evident through our five core values, which are central to our organizational identity.
Our Core Values
The five core values of Wiley Education Services help shape our work every day. This dedication shows itself in our team members’ pride in fulfilling their roles and striving to support each other, our university partners, and our students in every way possible. Our collaborative, responsible, and respectful culture is evident at each level of our organization.
A Learning Culture That Changes and Builds Lives
Our team at Wiley strives to provide educational opportunities in order to change lives. We take this a step further by challenging ourselves to constantly learn new things that help us serve our partners and students better. Some examples of how we do this include:
- Offering a full scholarship to earn select degrees at our partner universities
- Promoting professional development through workshops and conferences
- Encouraging colleagues to build their knowledge and find new solutions
Respect for the Individual
Everyone at Wiley brings their unique experiences to work with them. This diversity of thought drives our innovation and success. We carry this out by:
- Offering constructive and thoughtful feedback
- Forming and supporting groups that celebrate and promote different perspectives, such as Lean In Circles and Pride@Wiley
- Being aware of different learning and communication styles
Think and Operate Like an Owner
We take an entrepreneurial approach to our roles, taking responsibility for getting things done and looking for new solutions. We embody this by:
- Holding a yearly Innovation Challenge for cross-departmental teams to propose and explore company-wide initiatives that support our goals
- Celebrating our successes and learning from our failures
- Holding ourselves and others accountable for our work
Pride of Organization
It’s rewarding to work for a company that you can feel pride in. Wiley colleagues find fulfillment in their jobs and empowered to create positive change. This is illustrated by:
- Engaging in company-sponsored volunteer opportunities and charity drives
- The annual Harlan Employee Award ceremony to recognize employees who have gone above and beyond
- Celebrating colleagues’ accomplishments and milestones (with cake) on a monthly basis
- Quarterly “open mic” parties to acknowledge each other’s hard work and have fun
- Promoting our partner institutions with branded clothing and pennants
The Very Highest Business and Personal Ethics
Everyone at Wiley understands and values the importance of ethics. Besides the fact that we operate in a highly regulated industry, our partner colleges and universities trust us to be stewards of their brand, image, and reputation. We are committed to doing the right thing for the sake of our students, our partners, and our teams. These standards can be seen in:
- Business ethics training courses for employees
- Our anonymous ethics hotline
- Our culture of transparency, honesty, and accountability at all levels of the organization
Year after year, Wiley Education Services is ranked one of the best places to work. These awards are a testament to our commitment to listening to our employees’ needs and concerns, and constantly striving to improve our processes and offerings.
Celebrating Great Work
We appreciate the enormous effort our colleagues put into their day-to-day work, and regularly celebrate individual and team achievements with family picnics, congratulatory open mic evenings, and employee recognition such as quarterly VIP awards, annual Harlan awards, and an Innovation Challenge.
To recognize our team members’ accomplishments, we also nurture their personal success and provide a breadth of impressive benefits.